X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display message for Nagios version during installation

Hi
    I had started using “oreon” , some feedback about it

It will save time for new users , no need to install nagios and configure everything in text files

Suggestion and Feedback
    # In the documentation or during / beginning of the installation , there should be some messages saying that , “oreon” can be installed with or without nagious installed
    There should also be some message , saying that if u have nagios2 , then some of the parameters in nagios.cfg which is created/generated by oreon will create problem while restarting nagios (log_passive_service_checks, inter_check_delay_methods),
    Or A message saying that right now “oreon is only for nagios1.2 only not for 2”
    Ya , I am preparing my-self to fit as a expert Open Source / Network Monitor / Data-Storage Consultant
    my stupid notes , you can find at
    http://geocities.com/jjk_saji/

yes we know that our documentation is very obsolet. We are trying to update it but we meet a lack of time.... :?

Oreon is normaly compatible with nagios2 only for configuration (not for consultation)... but actualy you must change a value in sql table for generating nagios2 configurations. in table user "nagios_version" must be "2"..

And because we are not 100% compatible with nagios2, we don't have activated the permission to switch on nagios2...

be patient...
    Julien Mathis
    Centreon Project Leader
    www.merethis.com |

Comment

Would Like to contribute for documentation

Woul like to contribute in Documentation , But I do not know from where to start , I think I should first observer the forum , see the questions and make a FAQ , after going through the all the valued Questions and Answers from the forum
      Ya , I am preparing my-self to fit as a expert Open Source / Network Monitor / Data-Storage Consultant
      my stupid notes , you can find at
      http://geocities.com/jjk_saji/

Comment

Ok thanks for your contribution... if you want anythings else, do not hesitate to call me back...
        Julien Mathis
        Centreon Project Leader
        www.merethis.com |

Comment

Working...
        X