First time installation of Oreon - no tables in the database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time installation of Oreon - no tables in the database

Hello all, I'm running into a problem after I've sucessfully gone through the installation script, and the first time login setup process. Everything looks like it goes well (no error messages from any of the web pages).

After I type in the username/login for the administrator for the first time, though, I get an error that says:

Error when query the database: Table 'oreon.user' doesn't exist Query: SELECT user_id FROM user WHERE user_alias='oreon' and user_passwd='21496cd6c19f4bf6dcfd3ae2ec5f397e'

When I go to check out the database, the database it created, but no tables are in there. I've deleted the /usr/local/nagios and /usr/local/oreon directories and tried the installation again, but I received the same result.

The only thing I can think might be a problem is that I'm running php 5.0.4, but the installation screen said that was ok. Other than that, I'm running this on a straight Fedora Core 4 system.

One other thought - in the INSTALL file, it mentions an rrds.pm module, but I've not been able to find that on the MCPAN site...but I'm thinking that probably is for graphing, not getting the database installed.

Thanks!

Check for a user name nagios

Hi Zeph
    Please do check , wheter you have a user named nagios , if not please create one and try , I am not sure about this
    Thanks
    Joseph John
    Ya , I am preparing my-self to fit as a expert Open Source / Network Monitor / Data-Storage Consultant
    my stupid notes , you can find at
    http://geocities.com/jjk_saji/

Comment

Hi, Bisana. Yes, I've got a user called "nagios" from a regular user perspective, but not one in mysql. Should I have one there? Thanks...

Comment

I've also just noticed, on step 7 of the install (where it says "Creating Database") there is a very small error notice up on top:

Table 'oreon.user' doesn't exist

So it's already expecting that file to be there...something in the install routine isn't setting it up correctly for some reason...

Comment

Also, when I go into the http error log, i see the following error messages:

[client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: main(/Session.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/oreon/index.php on line 22
          [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/Session.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/local/oreon/index.php on line 22
          [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: classdir in /usr/local/oreon/index.php on line 23
          [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: main(/OreonDatabase.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/oreon/index.php on line 23
          [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/OreonDatabase.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/local/oreon/index.php on line 23
          [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: classdir in /usr/local/oreon/index.php on line 24
          [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: main(/User.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/oreon/index.php on line 24
          [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/User.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/local/oreon/index.php on line 24
          [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: classdir in /usr/local/oreon/index.php on line 25
          [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: main(/Oreon.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/oreon/index.php on line 25
          [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/Oreon.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/local/oreon/index.php on line 25
          [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Fatal error: Class 'Session' not found in /usr/local/oreon/index.php on line 33
          [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Notice: Undefined variable: db_name in /usr/local/oreon/install/setup.php on line 212, referer: http://localhost/oreon/install/setup.php

I've tried to search the web to see if there's a way to drop from php5 to php4, but have not seen anything out there...is anyone running this sucessfully on PHP5?

Comment

Originally posted by zephyr325
            is anyone running this sucessfully on PHP5?
            Oreon isn't compatible with php5 for the moment.. sorry...
            StatusMap Module - NDO Tools Module - ImportCSV Module - SNMP-UI Module - PDFReports Module
            Dons Paypal

Comment

Yeah PHP5 and Oreon don't mix well as I found out on my Fedora Core 4 box. A quick work around I used is after running the install script to manually dump the .sql file in the Oreon install directory (oreon_src/install/install_DB.sql) into the empty oreon with the the mysql oreon < install_DB.sql command.
              But I think you're going to find other "features" using PHP5 and Oreon beyond this initial setup so it might not be worth it... I can't really remember.
              Fedora Core 3
              Nagios 1.2
              Nagios Plugins 1.4
              Oreon 1.2.2
              Apache 2.0|MySQL 3.23|PHP 4.3

Comment

Did you end up falling back to a different fedora, or PHP, or have you ended up living with PHP5?

Comment

All - I ended up scrapping FC4 and dropping back to FC3. Oreon installed perfectly on the first try.

Comment

I had an FC3 box that I moved my oreon experiment to and didn't have any issues. Though the install on FC4 is working only hang up was the initial database populating which I fixed with the manual command.
                    Fedora Core 3
                    Nagios 1.2
                    Nagios Plugins 1.4
                    Oreon 1.2.2
                    Apache 2.0|MySQL 3.23|PHP 4.3

Comment

Working...
                    X