Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 suggestions for Centreon 2.x

My three suggestions to accelerate the Centreon acceptance:

1. No french (People generally like the french, but not reading it on their jobs)
    2. No french (Internet translator take time, are bad, and make the product prohibitively expensive)
    3. Redisign the frontpage, the two pie graphs are too boring
    4. Some kind of basic reporting
    5. The "disable notification" icon is not recognizable, (is it a rucksack? why?)
    6. No french

I love the oreon/centreon software, its beautiful and fast. The previews on 2.0 are really promising! Looking forward to it!

Thanks/Regards
    Robert

I would like to add a suggestion :

NO FRENCH!!!!

Comment

Au moins c'est clair comme ça :wink: !

En choisissant pour chaque contact, la langue dans laquelle l'interface sera affichée ne suffit-elle pas ? :neutral:
      Guigui

> PAS DE SUPPORT VIA MP <

"Ce n'est qu'en essayant continuellement que l'on finit par réussir. En d'autres termes, plus ça rate et plus on a de chances que ça marche !!" (Shadoks)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
        My three suggestions to accelerate the Centreon acceptance:

1. No french (People generally like the french, but not reading it on their jobs)
        2. No french (Internet translator take time, are bad, and make the product prohibitively expensive)
        3. Redisign the frontpage, the two pie graphs are too boring
        4. Some kind of basic reporting
        5. The "disable notification" icon is not recognizable, (is it a rucksack? why?)
        6. No french

I love the oreon/centreon software, its beautiful and fast. The previews on 2.0 are really promising! Looking forward to it!

Thanks/Regards
        Robert
        Hi Robert,

We try to remove all we do in french. But if the documentations are in french it's only because contributors who write the documentation are french. We haven't find for the time to do a big/better documentation in english. We hope that english people will help us

For the rest, it's on development

Thanks for your contribution
        Julien Mathis
        Centreon Project Leader
        www.merethis.com |

Comment

Julien,

at least a dedicated english forum would be fine. Try to find here something in english is totally terrible.

Comment

Hi

Why ?! the forum was splited in 2 parts during 3 years : one in French and one in English. Many people wanted to merge because nobody posted english requests. That's why it was decided to make a single forum...

I will open a poll and wait 1 week for results
            Julien Mathis
            Centreon Project Leader
            www.merethis.com |

Comment

I wish I could read/speak French, but I cant. I have managed to get some info out of French posts and the wiki, but its certainly not easy when using a translator. I think the language barrier is a big problem for uptake of the software. It limits the market to people who can read French, and those that really want to use Centreon so will work around it, like me.

I intend to submit some documentation to the wiki in English in the future, but I am waiting for the 2.0 release, so it doesnt need updating soon.

Comment

comme je suis heureux de lire ce topic !
                un anglais qui se plaint de la langue francaise :-(
                et bien mon chèr Robert il faut savoir que l'anglais est partout partout partout partout partout. On doit regarder nos séries en anglais, lire les docs en anglais, programmer en anglais ect
                Donc pour une fois qu'on a un peu de français, on le garde haha ;-)
                CaMs

Debian Etch - Nagios 3 - Centreon 2
                Hosts : 125 / Services : 550

Script d'installation : http://forum.centreon.com/showthread.php?t=6140
                Documentation : http://forum.centreon.com/showthread.php?t=6466

Comment

C'est bien pour les français que tout le monde parle français mais ça aide pas au développement de centreon... Toutes les personnes qui ne parlent pas le français ne pourront pas participer activement au projet.

Comment

De toute manière c'est triste à dire mais dans notre milieu la langue "normale" est l'anglais. Ca peu emer%#~ mais c'est comme ça.

English version: informatic language=english.
                    Auteur de Shinken, outil de supervision compatible avec Nagios et orientée supervision distribuée hautement disponible et mulitplateforme.

Comment

lol and thats what happens when you write "no french"

they come and hijac the post ;-)

Comment

French people are bad...

Comment

I undestand english's centreon users as I tried using a linux live cd dedicated for music that doesn't tell you that it's was mainly in spanish, I was kind of :-( when I launched it.

Mais bon y a pas à dire c'est vrai que Centreon soit en Français ca fait une bonne raison pour l'installer plutôt que de se contenter de Nagios.
                          ##########################
                          # RedHat EL AS 4 #############
                          # Nagios 2.10 - Nagios plugins 1.4.11#
                          # Centreon 1.4.2.3 #############
                          ##########################

Comment

I don'tunderstand. The site is in English and Centreon is translated into English. It's possible to post in English and developpeurs answers in English. So where is the problem?
                            Last edited by NutZ; 14th April 2008, 14:06.
                            CES 3
                            Modules: Centreon Syslog / Centreon-NagVis / Mobile-UI

Centreon depuis le navigateur de votre smartphone c'est par ici: https://github.com/nutzmdm/mobile-UI

Comment

But a lot of How-to’s are in French and if you have a Problem and search in this Forum most properly you will only find a French suggestion. And like others said before it is terrible to read automatically translated text.

I like Centreon a lot, but I thought several times about switching to another frontend because of the language barrier.

At the moment I’m configuring SNMP but specially for CENTREON there is only a French How-To, that’s sometimes boring.

OpenSuse 10.1
                              Nagios 2.9 | Oreon 1.4 | Perfparse 0.106.1

Comment

Working...
                              X