Announcement

Collapse

GDPR - Your personal data is important

We value your personal data and ensure you that we will continue to secure the storage of the information you share with us regarding your use of this forum (email address, IP address, location, etc.) and only use them upon consent, and towards the purpose it’s intended for. Email us at community@centreon.com to request the update or deletion of your data.

If you wish to make sure you get all our latest tutorials, customer success stories, product updates and many great news, subscribe now to our monthly newsletter.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nous accordons beaucoup d’importance au traitement de vos données personnelles. Soyez assurés que les informations collectées dans le cadre de votre utilisation de ce forum (adresse email, IP de connexion, localisation, etc.) sont stockées de manière sécurisée et qu’elles ne sont utilisées que dans le cadre pour lequel elles sont été collectées. Pour toute demande de modification ou suppression de vos informations, écrivez-nous à community@centreon.com.

Si vous souhaitez recevoir tous nos tutoriels, retours d’expériences, nouveautés produit et bien d’autres actualités, (ré)abonnez-vous sans attendre à notre newsletter mensuelle !
See more
See less

Issues with yum dependencies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with yum dependencies

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Centreon on a CentOS 7 VM (with VMWare). I followed these steps, however i have issues with the install at this point : yum install centreon-base-config-centreon-engine centreon, which gives me the following error message :

Erreur : Paquet : centreon-plugins-2.8.22-1.el7.centos.noarch (centreon-stable-noarch)
    Requiert : perl(utils)
    Disponible : nagios-plugins-1.4.16-6.el6.x86_64 (ces-standard-deps)
    perl(utils)
    Disponible : nagios-plugins-1.4.16-7.el6.x86_64 (ces-standard-deps)
    perl(utils)
    Disponible : nagios-plugins-perl-1.4.15-3.el6.x86_64 (ces-standard-deps)
    perl(utils)
    Disponible : nagios-plugins-perl-1.4.16-4.el6.x86_64 (ces-standard-deps)
    perl(utils)
    Disponible : nagios-plugins-perl-1.4.16-6.el6.x86_64 (ces-standard-deps)
    perl(utils)
    Disponible : nagios-plugins-perl-1.4.16-7.el6.x86_64 (ces-standard-deps)
    perl(utils)
    Disponible : nagios-plugins-perl-1.4.16-10.el7.centos.x86_64 (centreon-stable)
    perl(utils)
    Installé : nagios-plugins-2.2.1-9git5c7eb5b9.el7.x86_64 (@epel)
    Non trouvé
    Installé : nagios-plugins-perl-2.2.1-9git5c7eb5b9.el7.x86_64 (@epel)
    Non trouvé
    Disponible : nagios-plugins-1.4.15-3.el6.x86_64 (ces-standard-deps)
    Non trouvé
    Disponible : nagios-plugins-1.4.16-4.el6.x86_64 (ces-standard-deps)
    Non trouvé
    Disponible : nagios-plugins-1.4.16-10.el7.centos.x86_64 (centreon-stable)
    Non trouvé
    Vous pouvez essayer d'utiliser --skip-broken pour contourner le problème
    Vous pouvez essayer d'exécuter : rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

However, nagios-plugin seems to be installed :

[root@localhost ~]# yum install nagios-plugins
    Modules complémentaires chargés : fastestmirror, langpacks
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
    * base: centos.crazyfrogs.org
    * epel: epel.besthosting.ua
    * extras: centos.crazyfrogs.org
    * updates: centos.mirror.fr.planethoster.net
    Le paquet nagios-plugins-2.2.1-9git5c7eb5b9.el7.x86_64 est déjà installé dans sa dernière version
    Rien à faire

I didn't find anything about this on Google and i'm new to monitoring so i don't really know where to start. Do you have any clues about this ?

This is a conflict between the centreon-plugin package specifying that it requires "perl(utils)" and the latest release of nagios-plugins-perl (2.2.1-9) which no longer publishes that it provides "perl(utils)".

This can be resolved with the following:

Code:
    yum install yum-utils
    rpm -Uvh --nodeps $(repoquery --location nagios-plugins-perl)
    yum update
    The above will update the nagios-plugins-perl package while ignoring dependencies. Then the update of the Centreon packages will succeed. Rest assured this is not normally required.
    Last edited by Kevin_NZ; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

I have the same issue but the above solution did not work for me. I'm still getting the following error:

Code:
      Error: Package: centreon-plugins-2.8.22-1.el7.centos.noarch (centreon-stable-noarch)
                 Requires: perl(utils)
                 Available: nagios-plugins-perl-1.4.16-10.el7.centos.x86_64 (centreon-stable)
                     perl(utils)
                 Installed: nagios-plugins-perl-2.2.1-9git5c7eb5b9.el7.x86_64 (installed)
                     Not found
       You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
      ** Found 2 pre-existing rpmdb problem(s), 'yum check' output follows:
      centreon-plugins-2.8.20-10.el7.centos.noarch has missing requires of perl(utils)
      nagios-plugins-perl-2.2.1-9git5c7eb5b9.el7.x86_64 has missing requires of nagios-plugins = ('0', '2.2.1', '9git5c7eb5b9.el7')
      Thoughts?

Thanks,
      -Mike

Comment

I had a similar error, your post helped me. I had to modify the command though:

Code:
        rpm -Uvh --nodeps $(repoquery --location centreon-plugins)
        Thanks for the help,
        -Mike

Comment

Working...
        X