Service Contact inheritance (en)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service Contact inheritance (en)

I would like to set notification contacts for the host object and have them inherited by the service objects.
    After first noticing that it was not working I have tried a large number of configuration options, testing them using the "View contact notifications" feature under Configuration->Users. I've tried multiple combinations of "Contact additive inheritance" and "Inherit only contacts/contacts group from host" at the Host, Template and Service levels but just can't get any combination working.

I'm using the latest release (Centreon 2.8.9 with Engine 1.7.2). I saw there was a change in object resolution with 1.7.2 so I've also tried Engine 1.7.0 & 1.7.1 without any luck.

Is host contact inheritance by services supported by Centreon?

I've just upgraded to the latest Centreon v2.8.10 and the inheritance is still not working. Is this the correct forum to mention such an issue? I can provide a more descriptive explanation of the problem if required. The simplest way of duplicating would be to setup a host group called "WEB" with some service checks for "HTTP" and then assign a host which has notifications configured... when the HTTP service changes state I would like notifications sent to the contacts assigned to the host.

Comment

RESOLVED: I've just been doing further testing and it seems that the issue is with the way I was validating inheritance (via Configuration->Users->View contact notifications). The "View contact notifications" will not show the service notifications which have been inherited.

Comment

Working...
      X