Problem with notifications and inhetirance for services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with notifications and inhetirance for services

I have Centreon 2.8.11 installed by CD in one machine, and I'm adding hosts with services. I have created some users, hostgroups... I have experience in old centreon 2.5 and notifications, but I have seen that in new versions have changed a little.

I want to make notifications for host/service problem to a "contact group". If I add the contact group to a host, I received the notification when the host is down, but not when a services has a problem. I have seen that there's the option "Inherit only contacts/contacts group from host" in every service, but by default is "no". I see that I have two possible solutions:
    • Modify in every service to be "yes" in the option "Inherit only contacts/contacts group from host"
    • Add to every service the contact group in the option "Implied Contact Groups".
    The problem is that if I add a new service to the host (I have templates, but sometimes I have to add new custom ones) I must remember to add one of the previous options. The problem is that by default the option "inherit only contacts/contacts group from host" is "no", because if it was "yes", it could be a solution, but I don't know how to change this default value. Any place to change this default parameter?

Apart of this, I think that it should be perfect make notifications as simple as ACLs. For example:
    • Add as many hosts as you need
    • Add a "hostgroup" and add hosts to it
    • Create users with its notifications preferences/intervals
    • Add a "contact group"
      • add as many users as I want
      • add the hostgroups I want (the same as the ACL... or use the same hostgroup ACL)
    • Done and profit!!
    I'm not sure if it can be done in a distinct way.

Any answer will be appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by rugoli; 21st September 2017, 14:23.
Working...
X