Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New C3JS Graph in CES 3.4 is bad - can I get the old one back?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New C3JS Graph in CES 3.4 is bad - can I get the old one back?

I upgraded to CES 3.4 (=Centreon 2.8.1). The upgrade itself went quite smooth. The website also works fine after I cleared by browser-cache.

BUT the new C3JS-based graph is driving me crazy. Can I somehow have the old interface back?

Here is a short list of problems/inconveniences
    - it no longer shows min/avg/max/sum values for each displayed metric. This is really bad and THE showstopper for me.

- the graphs are smoothed way to much = information is lost. They are smoothed that much, that even if I zoom to a scale where I can only see like 10 minues they are still smooth and I can not easily recognize the values for each minute.

- the smoothing leads to displaying WRONG values. For example I am monitoring the bandwidth of a connection. If the upload-bandwidth is ~0 for some hours and then suddenly goes up the graph shows the curve BELOW the 0 line. This is a well known effect of smoothing, but not acceptable.

- then trying to display a graph with many metrics (e.g., traffic per port of a 48x switch) it fails with "Too much metrics, the chart can't be displayed". Then I have to click on a button and then it will be displayed.

- if I want to display a lot of data (e.g. 12 months) it becomes really slow.

- the labels of the y scale are rather strange: 0, 200k, 400k, 600k, 800k, 1.00M, 1.20M .....

Not everything is bad thou. The status display right underneath is really nice, as well as the mouse over pop-up showing the top values.

Hi,

I have the same problem.

Comment

Hi,

Same problem also after upgrading from 2.7.6 (CES 3.0) to 2.8.2. The graphs are smooth and more good looking but we have lost a lot of informations, all legends disappeared (service name inside the graph, min/max and espacially the last value). How to revert back to old RRD graphs.

Regards,

Comment

Bumping. I'd like to see RRD graphs as an option or feature flag. C3JS doesn't seem to be as useful to me/us and RRD as an option would really be nice.

Comment

Not working for me either. I should also mention that the graphs are wider then my browser windows and doesn't get resized. Like the OP said, it's a show stopper,

Comment

Working...
          X