Issues with Graphs and duration of Display data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with Graphs and duration of Display data

Hi, we have been running our distributed Nagios setup with Centreon as the front end for some time now, a while back we noticed that only 6 months of data was ever available when viewing the graphs and we made some changes to the "Administrator > Options > Centstorage > Retention durations and set both settings from 180 to 365 and left it for a bit to see if that would have the required result. It didn't, we can still only see a maximum of 6 months data on any graph we produce. I have since modified these values again to 730 but still no change. is there a setting, perhaps in the the Storage database, that needs to be changed in order to achieve what we want.

We want to be able to produce graphs for period in excess of 1 year for trend analysis, any help will be appreciated.

We are running Centreon 2.3.3 with Nagios 3.3.1

Regards

Chris

Hello,

Did you restart the centstorage daemon ?

Regards.
    /!\Pas de support en message privé - No support in private message/!\

"Il se faut entraider, c'est la loi de la nature." © Jean de La Fontaine

Comment

I honestly don't remember if i had previously, i hadn't this time. Since your post, I have restarted the Storage server. I guess it makes sense that something on that server would need a restart, i thought that the changes may have take effect like everything else when you do the "Nagios Configuration Files Export"?

Comment

Retention time is totally different from the configuration for the monitoring engine.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply have had higher priority items on my agenda , I have restarted the CentStorage server (which i assume does the same thing) but i am still only seeing data in the graphs on a rolling 6 month timescale, any other ideas?

Comment

It's normal that you have the data of 6 months. It was the retention time information. Wait until the data continue to accumulate

Comment

It has now been a week since i restarted the Centstorage server and i am not seeing any signs of an increase in data retention for the graphs, the earliest available data for the graphs has just moved on 7 days. As a result I still have the same data window on the graphs as I did prior to any changes/reboots. Is it possible that i need to change the retention policy somewhere else, would it be possible to mention all the locations that it may be possible to change this retention setting so that i can check it has been changed in all of them? i am not a linux guru but if the instructions/locations are clear i should be able to find my way around the system to make any amendments (if necessary).

Comment

Just a little bump, this is still happening, may graphs are still only available on a rolling 6mnth (5.82 to be exact) basis. any ideas would be appreciated, i want to be able to view the data in graph format from the beginning (even if that means starting a new beginning now and having it from today going forwards)

Comment

Hello,

I have the same problem... Someone can help us?

Thank you very much

-w-

Comment

Same problem for me :-(

Comment

Hi Maverick2k2

do you still use NDO/centstorage and not Centreon Broker ?
                      Centreon Syslog Module Manager/Developper
                      Centreon E2S Module Manager/Developper
                      Centreon Enterprise Server (2.x / 3.x) : Centreon Engine 1.3.x / 1.4.x, Centreon Broker 2.6.x / 2.8.x , Centreon 2.x, Centreon-Syslog 1.5.x, Centreon E2S 2.0
                      Nagios 3.x et NDOutil 1.x

Comment

Hi,

we got the same behaviour ... just can't convince Centreon to show more than 6 month of Data ... ?!
                        Any help appreciated ....

Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

Comment

If you change retention time for RRD you have to rebuild graphs because duration is set into the RRD file which store data.
                          Centreon Syslog Module Manager/Developper
                          Centreon E2S Module Manager/Developper
                          Centreon Enterprise Server (2.x / 3.x) : Centreon Engine 1.3.x / 1.4.x, Centreon Broker 2.6.x / 2.8.x , Centreon 2.x, Centreon-Syslog 1.5.x, Centreon E2S 2.0
                          Nagios 3.x et NDOutil 1.x

Comment

Originally posted by AkHeNaToN View Post
                            If you change retention time for RRD you have to rebuild graphs because duration is set into the RRD file which store data.
                            AkHeNaToN - you are my hero!!! ;-) This did the Trick ... Graphs working with Values longer than half a Year now ... thank you!! ;-)
                            Now I just have to rebuild a few thousand Graphs .... *ouch*

Bye from sunny Austria
                            Andreas Schnederle-Wagner

Comment

Working...
                            X